Introducing the Cocoa X-Print
- Print your transfer sheets
- Print directly on your chocolates
- Add value to your products
- Kosher certified
Printing Your Chocolate and Transfer Sheets Has Never Been So Simple!
Chocolates can be decorated through the screen printing process to create fantastic opaque and custom designs. For higher volumes, it is typically done by printing the desired image with cocoa butter and food coloring onto transfer sheets. The Model F1 can be outfitted with a vacuum table for the transfer sheet during printing to keep it from sticking to the screen during a print cycle and automatically releases it afterwards.
The cocoa butter is of our own formulation and maintains consistency while printing, rather than drying to the screen as typical cocoa butter does. The Model F1 is outfitted with a heating system to maintain cocoa butter consistency for uniform prints on product runs. The images for many chocolates are printed onto a transfer sheet and the chocolate mold will pick up the printed image. The alternative is to print the colored cocoa butter directly onto chocolates in which case they are loaded directly onto the screen printer. Please refer to the video on the right for footage of printing directly on chocolate and eating the printed results.
Components on the print head assembly that make contact with, or are within the splash zone of the cocoa butter are stainless steel and anodized with food grade squeegee material. Multiple infrared heating elements are incorporated into the clamshell of the machine. The temperature and position of these elements are adjustable. These adjustments allow for precise warming of the cocoa butter to sabilize the melting temperature just above solidification and stay within optimal printing viscosity when using SA’s screen printable cocoa butter. The heating elements require a standard 120 VAC/ 15 amp wall outlet.
Multicolor printing is possible as well. Systematic Automation provides cooling conveyors to solidify the cocoa butter between each print. You also have the option of having a chilled vacuum table or tooling plate to keep the chocolate substrate solid while printing multicolor. Automatic systems can be manufactured to your specification.
- 100% manufactured in USA.
- Stainless steel and anodized components in splash zone.
- Food grade squeegee material.
- Heating system for cocoa butter printing consistency.
- Independent flood bar & squeegee speed/height adjustment.
- Universal screen mounting.
- Hinged rear screen frame holder to provide quick access to screen, squeegee and flood bar without losing registration.
- Quick release squeegee holder and flood bar assembly.
- Aluminum tooling plate base ground flat within +/- .001” (.025 mm).
- Micro-adjust knobs located on X,Y location of tooling plate.
- Smooth, quiet operation.
- 100% air operation.
- Pneumatic system cannot overload, burn out, or become obsolete.
- Machine tool quality and durability.
- Stainless steel air cylinders.
- Hardened, ground, and polished shafts with linear ball bearings rated at over 300 million cycles.
- Carriage closes with minimal force for operator safety.
- Variable flood bar speed.
- Adjustable print stroke length.
- Variable carriage down speed.
- Adjustable squeegee pressure with gauge and regulator.
- Foot pedal cycle start.
- Adjustable screen lift height.
- Print/flood cycle – machine “waits” in flood position.
- Air shut-off switch.
- Heavy-duty X, Y, and angular micro adjust table.
- Heavy-duty welded steel base with casters and tote bins.
- Squeegee holder.
- Independent squeegee/flood bar micro height adjustment.